Post-holidays omnibus update
Well, clearly, the holidaze put me way behind on updating this thing. Here, in brief, is what I’ve been up to:
- previewed Theatre Vertigo’s radical Jekyll and Hyde and Liminal Performance Group’s experimental (and outstanding) Our Town for the Oregonian
- profiled up-and-coming local four-piece Genders in advance of their record-release show
- attended Portland’s Scandinavian Fair to poll local Swedes on Icona Pop—do they love it?—and delved into the science behind Swede-pop
- wrote for Portland Monthly about House of Tayo, a locally developed, Rwanda-based fashion line that fuses African wax-print fabrics with Western accessories for a style its 24-year-old creator has dubbed “Afro-Dandyism"
- profiled the Trail Blazers’ trailblazing sustainability director for Oregon Business
- checked in on the state’s big, but troubled Christmas-tree industry—and made the front page of the Oregonian on Christmas Eve